- Tripadvisor just released its ranking of the best hotels in the US as part of its 2020 Travelers’ Choice Awards, which rank hotels, airlines, and travel destinations based on ratings and reviews from travelers.
- In the US, the top-ranked hotel is the French Quarter Inn, a 50-room boutique hotel in Charleston, South Carolina.
- The ranking includes two hotels owned by President Donald Trump: Trump International Hotel Washington DC and Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago.
- Hotels in Colorado, Massachussetts, Oregon, Georgia, and Texas also made the list.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The top-ranked hotels in the US include a boutique hotel in South Carolina, a mountain inn in Colorado, and two five-star properties owned by the President of the United States, according to TripAdvisor’s 2020 Travelers’ Choice Awards.
The annual awards, which rank hotels, restaurants, and airlines around the world, are based on millions of Tripadvisor reviews and ratings that were collected in 2019, prior to the coronavirus pandemic.
Per Tripadvisor, the best hotel in the US is the French Quarter Inn, a boutique hotel in the historic French Quarter of Charleston, South Carolina. Hotels in Texas, Oregon, Massachussetts, and Colorado also made the top 10.
And two Trump Hotels properties — owned by President Donald Trump — were included in the ranking. Since he became president, Trump has said that his sons operate the Trump properties, but the president still makes money from the hotels through his ownership of the Trump Organization.
Here are the 10 best hotels in the US, according to TripAdvisor.